[Error: unknown template qotd]
1. Hold a referendum on EU membership
2. Get the fuck out of the EU
3. Scrap National Rail and all the private companies it fails to liaise with, reinstate British Rail as an entity in charge of the tracks, rolling stock, stations AND timetables(or, in other words, everything) so there is no breakdown of communications and rampant waste
4. put a limit on how many business consultants any state organisation can hire, and a capped fee that they can pay them
5. Having got the fuck out of the EU, start treating farmers sensibly - no more paying them to keep fields fallow, or paying them less than it costs them to produce for milk.
6. scrap tuition fees. It's one thing to no longer give a grant but expect the money back at some point, it's quite another to charge extra.
7. ban NHS funded IVF, and balance advertising for IVF with promotion of adoption.
7b. make sterilisation on the NHS easier to obtain, with iron clad paperwork to the effect that the patient, having chosen the surgery of their own free will, does not get to bitch and sue if in a few years they change their minds and want to breed. They will be pointed in the direction of the adoption services.
7c. fire any and all pharmacists who refuse to dispense contraception on moral or religious grounds. If you don't want to do your job, or want to use your job to manipulate and oppress, you don't get to keep your job.
8. make adoption easier. No banning people on the grounds of disability, marital status(unless dangerous) or ethnicity. The ultimate goal being to unstigmatise adoption, so it shouldn't matter if someone is not the same colour as their parents. Lift the age limit.
9. make parenting classes for the breeding compulsory.
10. take the arts funding away from the Olympics and give it back to the arts
11. mobilise Boris' fleet of new Routemasters
12. stop the campaign for England to host the 2018 World Cup. We can't afford it.
I'm sure I missed a lot there, but it's a good start.
Oh! Electoral reform!
13. make our democracy proportional. Count up each individual vote to decide the balance of parliament, but also count the majority of any given constituency to elect their MP. This will mess around with the numbers in the Houses a bit, but it also means that whoever wins the popular vote is put into power.
14. Legalise all class B and C drugs, have them dispensed by chemists in a controlled environment. Tax them. They'll still be cheaper than those bought on the street, so drastically chopping down the illegal drug revenue that's funding the war lords of Afghanistan, and cut crime committed by addicts who can't afford their fix.
14b. Station security staff outside chemists.
15. Put all jobseekers to a minimum amount of work. Nothing degrading or difficult, but useful occupations that will benefit society, the like of which volunteers currently do. Cleaning away graffiti, manning public libraries, governmental data input and suchlike.